Valiant Solutions is seeking three Application Administrator Security Analyst at varying seniority levels to join our growing team supporting a large Government client in Arlington, VA. The successful candidates must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment. Salaries will be based on seniority, qualifications, and education. All candidates must be US citizens with the ability to successfully pass a Federal background and strict credit check.
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Engineering, and Federal GRC. This is your chance to work with a wide range of security technologies for a company that cares about its employees - Valiant has been named one of the Best Places to Work in the DC area FOUR years in a row! We offer an excellent benefits package (see highlights below) and opportunities for advancement. If you are interested in learning more about Valiant and these opportunities, we invite you to apply now!
This position will report to the ISSPM and serves as the principal engineer to support IT Security Operations, and will possess in-depth knowledge on Network, Firewall, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Application security and Single Sign On. Additionally, this role will provide leadership and be involved in the design, development, and implementation of IT security systems, determine user requirements, lead architecture design, plan projects, establish priorities, and monitor progress.
• Serves as an administrator for IT security operations applications
• Administer assigned security operations applications
• Performs application upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination.
• Provide operational, development and engineering support for tools in the Security Stack, including but not limited to: Palo Alto, McAfee Suite (ePO, HIPS, VSE), Cisco ASA, Carbon Black, Tripwire, CyberArk, FireEye
• Provide project reporting and tool monitoring support
Required (and Desired) Experience and Education:
• General Experience: Experience working with Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project.
• Information Security Specialized Experience: Demonstrative solid understanding of fundamental security principals (Role Based Access Control, Separation of Duties, Conflict of Interest, Two Person Integrity, etc.)
• Knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals
• Understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, systems design as well as superior knowledge of technical operations process and procedures
• Knowledge of encryption, key management and cryptology
• Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
• Practical knowledge of performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
• Experience planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access
Job Requirements, Experience and Education:
• A degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline is preferred.
• At least two (2) years of experience with IT system/application administration.
• At least two (2) years of experience in IT security system / application administration
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. As named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc5000 and Best Places to Work in the DC area by WBJ, Valiant Solutions provides its employees with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. At the same time, we understand that our employees need the right balance between professional growth and personal life. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the mission they support and are committed to the customers they serve. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.