Valiant Solutions is seeking multiple Network Administrators to join our growing team in Shaw, SC supporting a large Government agency.
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge solutions to our Government clients specializing in Security Operations and Engineering, Cloud Security and Federal GRC. This is your chance to work with a wide range of security technologies performing Network Administration supporting a large Government Agency. You will be working with a team to maintain and enhance a wide range of networks. Salary will be based on qualifications and education. All candidates must be US citizens with the ability to successfully pass Federal background and credit checks, active Secret or Top Secret Clearance is preferred.
- Experience with Information Technology (IT) concepts, practices and procedures and be certified IAW DoD 8570.01-M IAT II and industry standards.
- Experience with voice, video, and data transport systems
- Experience operating, maintaining and configuring routers/switches/voice systems/Voice over IP(VoIP)/Video bridges, ITNs, and communication closet wiring.
- Experience maintaining Network Encryption devices intended to apply encryption internal to the base campus—i.e., TACLANEs providing local Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) connectivity.
- Experience performing internal base campus network fault notification and management.
- Experience performing DNS/DHCP IP administration; installing and performing administration on base campus wireless network devices.
- Experience performing network management planning and active network monitoring.
- Experience performing administration and installation on base network infrastructure.
- Experience performing router/switch preventive maintenance inspections to include IOS upgrades.
- Experience programing and administering telephony switches; to include VoIP.
Responsibilities can include:
-Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) Infrastructure
- Upgrade, integrate, install, configure, test, maintain, dismantle and turn in data and video communication networks—both hardware and software. Required communication capability includes the understanding of the interconnectivity of wireless, fiber optics, coaxial and copper (twisted pair) broadband and baseband.
- Follow applicable environmental energy efficiency guidelines when purchasing new hardware or electronic equipment.
-Network Infrastructure Support
- Provide network infrastructure support (technical control) including, but not limited to:
- Point-to-point installs and maintenance.
- Long-haul circuit management and operations.
- Loading circuit encryption equipment.
- Infrastructure network equipment.
- Installation, repair and management of network infrastructure.
- Operate, maintain and configure voice, data and video routers, hubs, switches, ITNs and bridges to interface with commercial, DoD and coalition networks.
- Control and configure internal routers/switches and network infrastructure devices
- Operate and configure point-to-point, VPN and bulk encryption for network and long haul circuits.
- Provide encryption to the base campus SIPRNet connectivity, i.e., TACLANEs.
-Net Architecture/Configuration Management
- Maintain and administer network (voice, video and data) management, planning and circuit databases, records and forms.
- Interpret sketches and layout drawings for placement of distribution systems.
- Review, recommend and implement changes to Communications-Computer Systems Installations Records (CSIR), technical data, engineering drawings and equipment wiring diagrams.
- Review and maintain operational measurement reports and analyzes network utilization.
- Ensure equipment and components meet installation practice technical order and accepted commercial installation specifications.
- Perform active network monitoring.
-Communications- Computer Systems Control (Tech Control)
- Operate, monitor, secure and control the physical, data link, network and transport layers of Communications-Computer Systems (C-CS)
- Perform, coordinate and supervise design, configuration, operation, restoration and improvements.
- Analyze capabilities and performance, identify problems, take corrective action, operate cryptographic equipment and fabricates cable assemblies.
- Perform C-CS control facility quality assurance evaluations.
- Direct and make operational adjustments to C-CS equipment.
- Ensure links support the transmission of data, for example; electronic mail, voice and video between these organizations.
- Maintain and monitor all aspects of the LAN.
- Assume operational control of the wireless network and provide network service and maintenance.
- Submit Feeder Requests For Service (FRFS) and Web Orders (WOs).
- Prepare and submit completion reports (delayed service, exception, ready for use or in-effect-report) on the Telecommunications Service Request (TSR), Telecommunications Service Order (TSO) or Status of Acquisition Message (SAM).
- Perform Circuit Control Office (CCO) duties. Maintain paper or automated circuit history folders for all active circuits, trunks and equipment. Circuit history folders/files should contain the following documents:
- Approval document or cross-reference to source document (AF Form 3215) for the requirement.
- The Request For Service (RFS), WO, TSR, TSO, circuit demand, SAM and appropriate completion report (e.g., in-effect report, delayed service report, exception report or ready-for-use report).
- DD Form 1367, Commercial Communication Work Order (if applicable).
- DD Form 1368, Modified Use of Leased Communication Facilities (if applicable).
- Switch revision notices (if applicable).
- Circuit demands (if applicable).
- R&R documentation or cross-reference to the documentation.
- DD Form 1697, Circuit Parameter Test Data – Analog.
- Coordinate with the commercial vendor at least 5 working days before the scheduled service date.
- Submit an exception report if the vendor installs service that deviates from specifications of the WO/TSR and TSO or the technical parameters of the applicable schedules.
- Submit the in-effect report.
- Ensure the final report indicates the installed service meets all details of the WO/TSR and TSO and technical parameters of the specified technical schedule.
- Clear all delayed service reports and exception reports with an in-effect report after resolving any delays or exceptions.
- Follow applicable environmental guidelines when disposing of hardware or electronic equipment.
- Obtain approval using authorized outage requests prior to a scheduled service interruption and inform the government point of contact when service has been restored.
- Coordinate with all servicing communications facilities for circuit restoration and fault isolation.
- Follow applicable environmental guidelines when disposing of hardware or electronic equipment.
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. As named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc5000 and Best Places to Work in the DC area by WBJ, Valiant Solutions provides its employees with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. At the same time, we understand that our employees need the right balance between professional growth and personal life. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the mission they support and are committed to the customers they serve. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.