Valiant Solutions is seeking a Senior Security Engineer Lead to join our growing team supporting a large Government client in RTP.
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Operations and Engineering, and Federal GRC. This is your chance to work with a wide range of Security technologies supporting one of our security operations teams. You will be part of a team working to establish an Information Security framework and helping develop a comprehensive IT Security program at the agency level.
This position is for the Security Engineer Team Lead position for a major RTP, NC based Federal Contract. This role requires security management and team leader responsibilities, and directs the security team efforts of multiple mid-level and junior-level security analysts and engineers. This role leads the security team with primary responsibility to monitor client desktop, server, and application system vulnerability adherence, and routinely scan and detect any form of vulnerability intrusion into the enterprise, and provide active mitigation and remediation activities to eliminate vulnerabilities and protect against data, identity, and HIPAA regulated clinical client compromises, thefts, and corruption.
• Responsible for security planning, security architecture design and engineering.
• Planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for security systems.
• Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware and software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete security configurations.
• Plans and recommends security hardware, systems management software and architecture.
• Approves and modifies security architecture to ensure compliance.
• Author and approve change requests, SOPs, project plans and other documentation
• Act as the security SME in the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Change Configuration Board meetings
• Perform data forensics, following best practice for e-discovery, assisting with FOIA and other legal investigations for the institute
• Assist the ISSO in writing risk waivers, executing POAMs, preparing for audits and responding to high priority incidents
• Design, Configuration, Implementation of Enterprise Firewalls and Security Appliances
• Evaluates and recommends new security and infrastructure products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
• Coordinates consolidated Information Technology agency level responses to Agency Security
threats and attacks.
• Ensure best practices, standards and guidelines are applied in developing, designing/implementing solutions, establishing work priorities, resolving problems and reporting on project status.
• Implement security project plans to ensure adherence to project timelines
• Advanced knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) security management and configuration principles.
• Advanced knowledge of networks, data center, and end user device security guidelines and industry “best practices”.
• Advanced knowledge of IT enterprise security scanning, threat remediation, penetration testing as directly applicable to a federal IT data processing complex with high sensitivity and personal identification/clinical systems (HIPAA) requirements
• Advanced skills in solving complex technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware platforms.
• Advanced skills in configuring and installing specialized security equipment to support security applications.
• Advanced skills in providing security solutions for desktops, laptops, mobile devices (IPHONES, Android, Tablets) and for enterprise servers (Linux, Unix, Windows, VMWare)
• Advanced skills in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees, telecom companies, vendors, and other organizations.
• Experience in a large inter-networking or distributed computing environment.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively and directly with multiple enterprise IT technical teams (Data Center, Systems Administration, End User Computing, Service Desk, Network Engineering, Desktop Engineering, Applications Development/Maintenance), as well as a diverse client community made up of administrative, executive, and scientific research personnel.
• Excellent team leader/project management skills and experience.
• CISSP active certification is mandatory and required
• CISM, CCSSP, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, PMP and other related certifications highly desirable
• Executive and technical level communication skills required
• Mandatory minimum of 7+ years of enterprise IT systems security operational experience at a senior level
• 7+ years of experience in design and implementation of enterprise firewalls and security appliances and tools.
• 5+ years of current work experience in the design, implementation, operations, and maintenance of the following specific security tools or equivalents:
o McAfee EndPoint Protection, Symantec and ClamAV
o Tenable Security Center and Nessus
o Trustwave or other code scanning tools (HP Fortify, IBM Appscan, etc) oJIRA and Servicenow o Splunk
o CISCO network security appliances (ASA, ASR, SSL, AMP and SFRs
o Barracuda , Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls
o FireEye HXEnCase or other Forensic software suites (FTK, SIFT, etc)
College BS degree in Information Systems, Communications, Network Engineering or related field highly desirable, or substitution of equivalent additional 4 years of Information Technology / Systems Security experience
This description is subject to change at any time, without notice.
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. As named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc5000 and Best Places to Work in the DC area by WBJ, Valiant Solutions provides its employees with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. At the same time, we understand that our employees need the right balance between professional growth and personal life. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the mission they support and are committed to the customers they serve. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.