This position can be located in Washington, DC, Denver, Forth Worth, or Kansas City, and allows for a 60% - 80% telecommute benefit. If a highly qualified candidate is located outside any of those regions we can consider 100% remote. Salary will be based on qualifications and education. All candidates must have US work authorization with the ability to pass Federal background and credit checks.
-Serves as the IT security POC (ISSO) for assigned systems to ensure agency information systems comply with FISMA OMB and agency Policies.
-Ensure security activities are implemented throughout the SDLC from beginning to end.
-Ensure all systems are operated, maintained and disposed of IAW documented security policies and procedures including but not limited to Assessment & Authorization (A&A).
-Oversee and manage relationships for assigned systems that may be contractor owned and contractor operated, ensuring vendors comply with agency security and privacy requirements.
-Support the development and maintenance of all security documentation such as the System Security Plan, Privacy Impact Assessment, Configuration Management Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test Report, POA&M, annual FISMA assessment, and incident reports,.
-Promote Information Security Awareness and provide training.
-Research assigned IT security systems to provide insight on IT security architectures and IT security recommendations for assigned systems.
-Report, and respond to security incidents.
-Assess vulnerabilities to ascertain if additional safeguards are needed and ensure systems are patched and security hardened at all levels of the “stack,” and monitor to see that vulnerabilities are re-mediated as appropriate.
• Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or equivalent Security certification.
• Have detailed knowledge of NIST Policies, Governance, Security Planning and Architecture, FISMA Compliance, RMF, Incident Analysis, and General Security Best Practices.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills to support customers, internal stakeholders, peers, and public audiences.
• Ability to communicate, both written and orally, to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Good understanding of and experience with applying FISMA and NIST Cybersecurity framework and requirements.
• Technical expertise with Nessus Tenable Security and HP Fortify Webinspect reports.
• Experience in developing Information Security policies and procedures.
• Strong communications skills to interact with senior managers, junior staff, and business unit (non-technical) customers.
Required Experience and Education:
• Two years of technical experience in IT Security.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or additional two years of industry experience.
About Valiant Solutions:
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.