Position Description: Experience requirements
• 5+ years of experience in Identity & Access Management Services with technical expertise in the deployment, implementation and operations of CyberArk
• Privileged Access Management Experience with CyberArk, including working with components such as Enterprise HA Vaults, CPMs, accounts, policies, safes, usages, PACLI and providers.
• Knowledgeable of security and systems standards, Access Management, Authorization/ Permissions Management, Network Protocols, System management applications, and System & Network Security.
• Experience working with various authentication methods for various platforms such as Windows, Unix, Active Directory, LDAP, TACAS, RADIUS, SAML, Network devices, databases and storage systems.
• Implementation of CyberArk related use cases for the adoption of new technology, standards and processes.
• Experience troubleshooting applications and scripts by accessing and analyzing logs on Unix and Windows servers.
• Remediate failures of password rotations, password malfunctions, account creations, account changes, scheduling, etc.
• Experienced in working in IT Operations support team in enterprise environments
• Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
Skills / Competencies
• Proficiency with one or more programming language (C++, C#, Java, ASP .NET)
• CyberArk Certification (CCDE) strongly preferred
• Strong Active Directory and LDAP experience
• Familiarity with network devices and architecture
• Understanding of user access, authentication, and authorization
• Windows Server OS installation and deployment
• Windows Remote Desktop
• Understanding of Unix/Linux command line operating systems
• Familiarity with diagnostic tools and analyzing data
• Understand security methodology as it applies to Identity and Access Management (IAM)• Functional understanding of TCP/IP networks and Firewalls
• Functional understanding of following protocols: TCP, UDP, DNS, NetBIOS, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SSL
• Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks.
• Participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
• Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents relating to security tools/solutions.
• Continuously improve customers’ security deployments and integrate new technologies and services.
• Responsible for planning, scoping, deploying and integrating Privileged Account Management Solutions
• Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
• Provision/ De Provision User Access Across Multiple platforms
• Management of CyberArk Suite including but not limited to provisioning for; Secure Document Vault (Secure repository and sharing infrastructure), Enterprise Password Vault (Privileged Accounts at OS and DB levels), Application Identity Manager (App2App credentials and encryption keys), Privileged Session Manager (Control and monitor privileged accesses)
• Coordinate system and application configuration and management tasks
• Coordinate integration services, product updates, change requests
• Provide timely response to address server and client-server application performance and/or availability issues
• Lead, coordinate and participate in process improvements as they relate to IDM infrastructure and system
• In conjunction with business and department priorities and directives, conduct vendor and product research on software and systems products to address business needs
• Other activities to ensure performance and the information security program
• CyberArk Certification - strongly preferred
• CyberArk AIM Provider Course
• CyberArk Privileged Account Security Fundamentals
• Certified Ethical Hacker v8 Certification
• PaloAlto ACE PAN-OS 6.1 Certification
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security-focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. Named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc. 5000, Washington Technology’s Fast 50, and Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the D.C. area, Valiant Solutions prides itself on providing its employees with great benefits and career development opportunities. As a company, we are just as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class IT solutions, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. We are in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. We seek people whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. Alongside our talented team, you’ll learn to think quickly on your feet and expand your own personal and professional skillset. Our management team will inspire you to consider new perspectives and challenge you to become a better practitioner in the fast-paced industry of IT security. We hire people we respect – and we trust them to deliver results leveraging their expertise. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.