Valiant Solutions is seeking a Network Engineer to join our growing team supporting a large government agency in Washington, DC!
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Engineering, and Federal GRC. You'll find Valiant to be a supportive company that will back you with training and certifications, and you'll find plenty of challenges with our forward-looking client. Valiant Solutions is a rapidly growing small business that cares about its employees- we've been named one of the Best Places to Work in the DC area SIX years in a row! A highlight of our benefits is included below the job description.
Salary is based on experience and education. All candidates must be US Citizens with the ability to successfully pass Federal background checks.
• Assist in creation of network architecture scope, definition, gaps, construction, and execution
• Communicate with users, stakeholders, and team members regardless of technical expertise
• Assist in evaluating, analyzing, and designing networks
• Detail oriented; able to document and follow detailed instructions within test scripts as well as defects tracking documents (i.e., steps to recreate the problem)
• Understanding of testing concepts and how testing fits in with the overall project life cycle
• Detailed understanding of configuration of required network component or service technology
• Create technical documentation for network design, build, and transition
• Familiarity with at least some of the following tools: SolarWinds, ServiceNow ITSM, Cisco SmartNet, Cisco ISE, and Wireshark
• Ability to occasionally work evenings, nights, weekends, or holidays for production changes.
• 10+ years' hardware development experience in a communications-related product design
• 8-10 years or more experience in network management work and technologies
• Experience cloud-based network architectures and management
• Experience using PCB layout tools (Cadence OrCAD and Allegro preferred)
• Experience in 1G/10G/25G/100G Ethernet or other high-speed digital designs
• Validation of design via physical measurements and functional test
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security-focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. Named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc. 5000, Washington Technology’s Fast 50, and Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the D.C. area, Valiant Solutions prides itself on providing its employees with great benefits and career development opportunities. As a company, we are just as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class IT solutions, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. We are in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. We seek people whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. Alongside our talented team, you’ll learn to think quickly on your feet and expand your own personal and professional skillset. Our management team will inspire you to consider new perspectives and challenge you to become a better practitioner in the fast-paced industry of IT security. We hire people we respect – and we trust them to deliver results leveraging their expertise. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time Off
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.