This position is 100% remote. All candidates must have US work authorization with the ability to pass Federal background and credit checks. Remote work necessitates a high-level trust in our employees. To ensure that employee performance does not suffer in a remote work environment, all employees who telecommute are expected to have a quiet and distraction-free workspace with adequate internet, dedicate their full attention to their job duties during working hours, and maintain a schedule during normal business hours that overlaps with those of their coworkers and Valiant's.
The VPN Engineer will be responsible for performing a broad spectrum of activities to support and improve the large-scale dynamic VPN infrastructure for a Federal Government Agency. This candidate must have a strong technical knowledge and demonstrate working experience with the following:
1. 5 to 8 years of experience with engineering and maintaining VPN environments
2. Strong experience with configuration, testing and deploying Remote Access VPN and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Modules
3. Strong experience with Cisco ASA platform management and configuration
4. Experience with VPN Profile Configuration
5. Experience with Cisco ASDM functionality and navigation
6. Experience with the ASA command line interface
7. Strong working knowledge of Cisco Security Manager and other management tools to include ELK, SolarWinds, and Splunk
8. Strong Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems for VPN application management and troubleshooting VPN connections from a client
9. Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
10. Experience analyzing VPN change requests and integrating changes into existing firewall policies, while maintaining security standards
11. Provide recommendations to improve services and infrastructure managment
12. Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively
13. Ability to work independently at times
14. Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams
15. Excellent written and oral communications
16. Must be proactive
17. Candidate must be able to obtain a US Public Trust clearance
18. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent experience
1. ITIL® Foundation Level Certification
2. Familiarity with Wireshark or any packet capture software
3. Familiarity with SQL Databases (Reporting)
4. Knowledge of Visio for creating and reading network diagrams
5. Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
6. Experience in the Service Now ticketing system
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security-focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. Named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc. 5000, Washington Technology’s Fast 50, and Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the D.C. area, Valiant Solutions prides itself on providing its employees with great benefits and career development opportunities. As a company, we are just as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class IT solutions, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. We are in a phase of tremendous growth and building the team that will take us to the next level. We seek people whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. Alongside our talented team, you’ll learn to think quickly on your feet and expand your own personal and professional skillset. Our management team will inspire you to consider new perspectives and challenge you to become a better practitioner in the fast-paced industry of IT security. We hire people we respect – and we trust them to deliver results leveraging their expertise. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
Valiant pays 99% of the Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
Valiant contributes 25% towards Health Coverage for Family and Dependents
100% Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
100% Paid Certifications
401K Matching up to 4%
Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
Valiant University – Online Education and Training Portal
Reimbursement for Public Transit and Parking
FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information:
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.